Sunday, July 28, 2013

'Fall'ing Forward

Oh My! I had not realized the last time I posted on here was last Christmas!!!  Forgive me, followers!  Amazing how time goes by so quickly ~ just another reminder to cherish every moment.

It's almost fall my friends.  And if you are the wife of a coach then you know what is expected and how to "tackle" the season ahead.  This time of year is so packed with expectation in the air you can almost cut it with a butter knife!! 

I am learning that no matter the history of your team - whether successful or not quite there yet - the community, parents, students and players seem to almost explode with anticipation of what are Friday nights this year going to bring.  And I am learning that no matter what Friday night does bring, God is faithful and He never leaves us!  EVER!  But He does have a plan, and it sometimes makes NO SENSE, but it's His even so.  And I am learning that as I grow closer to Christ, I am not so hesitant to fall forward and let Him catch me in the place that He has prepared just for us (me and my Coach).  And I am learning that walking by faith truly means to believe in what you cannot see. 

While victory on the field has yet to come, things are changing - lives are changing - my prayers are changing.  Maybe I have been a little selfish in the past and spent a little too much time praying for success on the gridiron, when in all reality real success is how we impact lives for Christ.  Is my life leading anyone to Christ?  Do I pray for salvation to come to the players, students, parents, etc.?  Do I love and serve the people in this community like Christ does?  My desire is to trust the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my understanding and acknowledge Him in everything I do.  Then I know God's Word says He will make our paths straight!

I look forward to hearing from you this fall!  Feel free to comment or email me at missiongridiron@hotmail.com 

Thank you for reading,

Carrie Cook
www.mscwa.com
Mississippi Coaches' Wives Association

No comments:

Post a Comment